Hey everyone! Super exciting post! I literally did a double take when I was in the drugstore today, when I saw these little beauties!! These are the limited edition Maybelline Color Tattoos for Summer 2013. There are a total of 8 shades, I was only able to pick up 5 of them ($7) since the other two available didn’t really stand out to me! I will be looking for one more shade but it was sold out at my location.
These are highly shimmery/metallic color shifting shades, you can use them on their own, or as a base. You could also layer them over other colors to add a color shifting layer on top. The colors are SO pretty, they are very unique to the line, and I could see myself using them as a base for other colors and having them peek through. These are a little difficult to photograph but here they are!
The texture of these shadows are smooth, almost a firm gelly/mousse. They are very creamy and easy to blend and don’t dry completely on the lid which makes them great for a base. They have amazing staying power and are impressive to drugstore standards.
- Precious Pearl beige shimmer with a slight peachy pink shift.
- Cool Crush cool-toned light blue with icy lavender shift.
- Blue Paradise cool-toned medium blue with a purple/gold shift.
- Icy Mint sheer mint green with an iridescent shift.
- Lavish Lavender cool-toned lavender with a pink sift.
Ones still to pick up:
- Waves of White bright white iridescent teal duochrome with a pink shift.
- Shady Shores sheer gold iridescent gold.
- Seashore Frosts green/blue duochrome with a gold shift. (need this!!!)
Swatches L to R: Precious Pearl, Cool Crush, Blue Paradise, Icy Mint, and Lavish Lavender.
What do you guys think!? 🙂