Hello everyone! I had recently written a post about doing a makeup swap and the response was awesome!! Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me and left messages to do one! Here are the recent goodies that I have gotten in the mail. These two swaps were from the US, so all the products are US based.
The first few things I received were these nail polishes and decal! I’ve never tried the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips, so I was excited to get one, and they’re NEON!!! Yay. Next I got an Essie polish in Shine of the Times, (here’s a great post with swatches) a really pretty holographic flakie topcoat! Next was the Revlon nail polish is Blue Mosaic, a gorgeous multi-shaped blue glitter polish. (swatches) Lastly was the Sephora by OPI Mermaid to Order, a really pretty metallic turquoise/teal color! (swatches) Love them all!! 😀
Next were the makeup related items, I really got a medly, by the great thing about doing swaps is that most of the time you get items that you normally wouldn’t purchase for yourself!! I got an Urban Decay eyeshadow in Minx (blue-green shifter with glitter), a Loreal eyeshadow in Taffetta (light frosty pink), a NYX eyeshow in Senusal (dark shimmery violet/brown), and a Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale (a squishy bright red/coral). The NYX shadow was definitely my favorite (Nars Night Shadows dupe!), it’s a deep sultry brown with dark violet undertones.
Swatches: Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale, NYX eyeshadow in Sensual, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Minx, and Loreal eyeshadow in Taffetta.
Lastly are the lip items and other beauty/makeup items. I got a Loreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse Lipstick in Sheer Linen, a Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, a deluxe size Ojon Revitalizing Mist, and a Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer. I was super excited about the primer because it was one of those items that I always passed at the drugstore because primers usually break me out. However this one didn’t, yay!! The Ojon Hair Mist made my hair softer and left a pleasant scent in my hair. Also helped with tangles! The two lip products I was super happy about because again, these are two items that I kept passing at the drugstore!! I love the Loreal Caresse formula, and the Revlon Lip Butter is awesome!! I have one in a nude color, but this one definitely breaks me out of my comfort zone, which is good! 🙂
Swacthes: Loreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse Lipstick in Sheer Linen, and Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
And for those who are interested…
Some Basic Makeup Swapping Rules!!:
- Always discuss your preferences, brands, skin types, facial features, hair color and type, ship dates, budgets and locations before hand!! It’s really important to create a relationship with the person you are swapping, so you can build trust!!
- Specify on getting items that they specifically requested or make it a surprise! Sometimes it’s a combination of both, which I personally like!
- Always buy and send NEW/UNUSED items, unless stated otherwise. It’s not nice to send used products, it’s not hygienic, and it makes the other person feel very disappointed!
- Always uphold the budget value and ship time. Also communication is key!! If something comes up or you have a change, let the other person know!!
- Pack your items carefully! The post office is usually not nice when it comes to packages, it’s up to you the pack the items safely and securely! It’s also nice to include a note/list of items.
- Enjoy your items! Be happy that you received such an awesome package, and hope the other person likes your gift as well! 🙂
Most of all, have fun with it! It’s especially fun to do swaps from different countries because you get to try things that you don’t normally see in your area! I got introduced to tons of brands and items that I LOVE through swaps, also been able to get things that I’ve been lusting for buy couldn’t get!
What do you guys think?!